WWLI-FM “Ultimate Summer Rhode Trip” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WWLI-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Radio LLC located at 1502 Wampanoag Trail East Providence, RI 02915, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Lite Rock 105 “Ultimate Summer Rhode Trip” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Only one (1) Qualifier per immediate family and/or household. Once a person within a household and/or immediate family qualifies, all other immediate family members and/or household members are not eligible to participate in this Contest. A person may qualify only one (1) time during this Contest.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 9:00 a.m., ET on June 1, 2020 and will run through 5:00 p.m. ET on August 31, 2020 (the “Contest Period”), excluding July 3, 2020. The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays at 9:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. each weekday and keep track of the items that we are taking on our Summer Rhode Trip during the Contest Period. The three (3) items must be correctly and fully entered in the “Ultimate Summer Rhode Trip” contest entry form located at www.literock105fm.com by 11:59 p.m. ET each weekday. The next weekday, at or around 8:20am, one (1) qualifier that has correctly identified all three (3) items broadcast the previous day online will be randomly chosen and announced on the air as an official qualifier. Once a qualifier has been officially chosen, that qualifier is no longer eligible to enter for the duration of the contest period.
- Winner Selection. On-Location Grand Prize Event. On or about 10:00 am ET on September 5th, 2020 Station will select one (1) entry for the Prize in a random drawing from among all valid Qualifiers who are properly checked-in by the deadline with the Station, presenting a current, valid government issued photo ID. Qualifiers must be present at Flood Ford Lincoln of Narragansett at 10:00 a.m. on 9/5/20 in order to win. All Qualifiers must bring a current, valid government issued photo ID and check-in with the Station no later than 10:00 a.m. Failure to check-in by the deadline of 10:00 a.m. and/or failure to bring a current, valid government issued photo ID will lead to disqualification, and at that time the Qualifier will no longer be eligible to win the Grand Prize. NO PROXIES WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED AND OUTLINED BELOW. Once checked-in the Qualifier must remain present throughout the duration of the Grand Prize event, and must present himself/herself within twenty (20) seconds of his/her name being called. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE.
Alternate Grand Prize Event. Should the Station determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the Grand Prize Event on location at Flood Ford Lincoln of Narragansett is unsafe for any reason due to disease, epidemic, pandemic and/or otherwise not allowed due to a ruling of any governmental entity, then a “virtual” event will be held. The decision related to whether a virtual event will be held will be made no later than August 28, 2020. The Station will make up to two (2) attempts to contact all Qualifiers between the dates of August 28, 2020 and September 4, 2020 via phone call and/or email to alert them to the change and will also post a notification about the change on the Station’s website/social media platforms. At that time, the Station will be on-site at the Flood Ford location, live on the WWLI Facebook page. A winner will be randomly chosen from all Qualifiers live on Facebook and then announced. Being present and/or viewing the Facebook Live/On-air announcement is not required in order to win the Grand Prize.
The winning entrant will be contacted in person and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
Proxy Needed Due to Physical Disability or Sickness. Should a Qualifier be physically unable to participate in the on-location Grand Prize Event due to illness related to Covid-19 or physical disability, as verified by a doctor’s note, then the Qualifier should (a) provide a doctor’s note to the Station no later than 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 3, 2020, and (b) alert the Station as to the full legal name of the person who the Qualifier chose as his/her proxy on Saturday, September 5, 2020. After the one (1) and only one (1) proxy’s name is given no other substitutions will be allowed for any reason. The substituted Qualifier must meet the qualifications above by presenting a current, valid government issued photo ID and check-in with the station timely. Should you not receive a confirmation from the Station that the note has been received, then it will be deemed not received for purposes of proxy substitution. Alerting the Station as to the need for a proxy substitution due to physical disability and/or illness is the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Qualifier.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- PRIZES. Prize. One (1) Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Prize is a 2-year Lease on a 2020 Lincoln MKZ or $2,500 cash equivalent, but not both prizes. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use, title, receipt and registration. Winner agrees to submit and complete any and all necessary paperwork as required by Flood Ford Lincoln of Narragansett, including but not limited to providing necessary information in order for the Sponsor to run a credit check. Should the Winner not meet the lease requirements as required and decided in the sole discretion of Flood Ford Lincoln of Narragansett’s sole discretion, then Winner will then receive a payment of $2,500.00. ARV of Grand Prize: FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS ($15,000) for the Lease or Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500) for the payment, depending upon which Grand Prize is selected. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time; the final odds for winning the Grand Prize is 1:65, but might be better depending upon how many Qualifiers actually check-in on time with the required identification should the Grand Prize On-Location Event be the mechanism by which the Grand Prize is awarded.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Radio LLC, WWLI-FM 1502 Wampanoag Trail East Providence, RI.